How delicious was this dish?
How to Heat Kurobuta Ham
- Kurobuta, Japanese black hog, is 100% pure all-natural Berkshire pork. Fancied for its exceptional flavor and consistency. Snake River Farms Kurobuta hams are smoked using authentic hard wood chips and the entire process is carefully monitored from start to finish ensuring a remarkably succulent ham.
- 1. Remove Kurobuta Ham from the refrigerator at least 45 minutes prior to cooking and bring to room temperature.
- 2. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Remove the wrappings; place the ham in a roasting pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Heat for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound. Please note that cooking times vary with size and temperature of ham. Approximate cooking times are 5 hours for a whole ham and 2.5 to 3 hours for half a ham.
- 3. As an option, if you like to baste your ham, remove the aluminum foil tent for the last 30 minutes of cooking and baste with your favorite glaze, such as Robert Rothschild Sweet Ham Glaze. (For other basting recipes see Our Famous Bourbon Glaze Recipe # 808 or Tangerine Glaze Recipe #822)
- 4. Remove from the oven when the center of the ham reaches 135 degrees F, for best results use a meat thermometer.
- 5. Allow the ham to rest tented with foil for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- 6. Carve and serve.
|Holiday:||Pork, Christmas, Easter, Christmas, Easter|