Blueberry Almond Streusel Muffin Tops Recipe
Blueberry Almond Streusel Muffin Tops
MAKES 1 DOZEN
Who doesn’t love a muffin top? Make just the best part of the muffin and there’s no need to figure out what to do with the stumps! Enjoy these soft, pillowy tops with a perfect ratio of sweet, crunchy streusel.
- 2 cups Brown Butter Almond Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon almond extract, depending on preference
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add blueberries and toss lightly to coat. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil and sugar. Add egg and whisk vigorously until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and almond extract. Mix to combine.
- Add blueberry and flour mixture to bowl of wet ingredients. Gently fold until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Place 6 mounds batter (about 1/4 cup each) on each sheet pan. An “ice cream” ratchet scoop works great for this.
- Sprinkle each mound with 2 to 3 tablespoons streusel topping. Cup your hand around the batter to help streusel adhere.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes until golden and a toothpick entered into center comes out clean.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Coating blueberries with flour mixture helps to keep them from sinking while baking.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 12 servings)
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 240 mg
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 29 g
Added Sugars: 27 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.