Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
With a little prep up front, this slow cooker recipe does most of the work for you, creating a meal that is tender and flavorful.
- 2 pounds bone-in, beef short ribs
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
- Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown short ribs on all sides, being careful not to crowd the pan. Once browned, place short ribs in slow cooker.
- In same pan, add onions and 1 cup water. Cook until onions are tender and brown bits in bottom of pan are dissolved. Then add to slow cooker.
- Add barbecue sauce, cover, and cook on low 7½ to 8½ hours. Beef is done when fork-tender.
- Remove short ribs and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Skim fat from remaining sauce. Spoon over beef and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with polenta for a complete meal.
- Cook’s Tip:
- When selecting short ribs, look for big chunks with even marbling throughout. This will ensure juicy, tender meat after slow cooking.
- Some multi-cookers will allow you to brown ribs and cook onions on sauté setting, omitting the need to use an additional pot in steps 1-3.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 680 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 23 g
Added Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 20 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.