Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in, beef short ribs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, leaves removed and chopped
- Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
- Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown short ribs on all sides, being careful not to crowd pan. Once browned, place short ribs in slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, add onions and 1 cup water. Cook until onions are tender and brown bits on bottom of pan are dissolved. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add barbecue sauce, cover, and cook on low 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 hours. Beef is done when fork-tender.
- Remove short ribs. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Skim fat from remaining sauce. Spoon over beef. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley. Serve with polenta for a complete meal.
- Cook's Tips:
- When selecting short ribs, look for big chunks with even marbling throughout. This will ensure juicy, tender meat after slow cooking.
- Some multi-cookers will allow you to brown ribs and cook onions on sauté setting, omitting the need to use an additional pot in steps 1-3.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 680 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 23 g
Added Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 20 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.