- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) Metropolitan Market Purely Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 box (16 oz) Metropolitan Market Rigatoni Rigate
- 2 - 4 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsps dried)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Heat olive oil in large, deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on box. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add pasta to sauté pan and toss with warm sauce. Add some pasta water if needed to moisten. Add basil and season to taste.
- Serve with cheese.