Black Bean Tacos Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes or diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2 cans black beans with liquid
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- Avocado Salsa:
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Additional toppings: hot sauce, sour cream,shredded cheese, diced green onions, more cilantro
- Combine ingredients for salsa 1 hour before to let flavor develop. Cover tightly.
- Make filling: Sauté the onion in the oil until softened, about 8 minutes. Add cumin, tomatoes, beans and water. Let simmer to thicken and reduce for about 20 minutes. Use a potato masher to lightly mash beans and thicken sauce. Leave most beans whole. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- When ready to assemble, place bean mixture on warmed tortilla, top with avocado salsa, spinach, and additional toppings if you are using them. Roll up your soft taco burrito-style to eat.