Quiche with Swiss Cheese & Bacon Recipe
- 2 leeks (white part only), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8-inch) prepared pie shell, unbaked
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 slices Metropolitan Market Bacon, cooked and crumbled, or 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Kurobuta Ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan, sauté leeks in butter until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk half & half, eggs, and flour until blended. Add sautéed leeks, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle cheese and bacon or ham evenly on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and set. Serve warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 39 g
Saturated Fat: 20 g
Cholesterol: 215 mg
Sodium: 630 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 18 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.