Mediterranean Chicken in Basil Cream with Olives and Feta Recipe
Mediterranean Chicken in Basil Cream with Olives and Feta
Serves 4 to 6
This creamy chicken dish is perfect for company yet easy enough to make for a cozy weeknight supper. Look for pitted olives at the Metropolitan Market olive bar and fresh pesto in the deli. Special diet friendly: Keto (4g carbs)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup drained, pitted olives from the Met Market olive bar (mix black and green olives)
- 5 oz. (about 1 cup) feta cheese, diced or crumbled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken, turning once, to brown both sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer chicken to a buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle with olives and feta. In a small bowl, stir together cream and pesto. Spoon over chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is cooked through. (Chicken is done when an instant-read thermometer placed in thickest part of chicken registers 165°F.)
- Serve warm. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings, salt and pepper not included.)
Fat: 41 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Trans fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 175 mg
Sodium: 850 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 28 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.