Baked Chicken Teriyaki or BBQ Recipe
- 1 cut-up whole chicken (2–3 lbs) or chicken parts such as thighs or drumsticks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Metropolitan Market Teriyaki or Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce & Slather, plus more for serving
- Roasted or mashed potatoes, cooked rice or warm cornbread, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken parts in an oiled 9-x-13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour sauce evenly over chicken. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake chicken covered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, baste, and return to oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer placed in thickest part of chicken and not touching bone reads 165°F.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Skim fat if desired. Serve with additional sauce and potatoes, rice or cornbread, if desired.