Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Flour tortillas
- Tomato or fruit salsa (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Add chicken and toss to combine. Marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat; add chicken and marinade, season with salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions, peppers and cilantro and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and the chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and vegetables in warm flour tortillas with your favorite salsa.
- This recipe also works well with flatiron steak, cut into strips.