Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Flour tortillas
- Tomato or fruit salsa (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Add chicken and toss to combine. Marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat; add chicken and marinade, season with salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions, peppers and cilantro and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and the chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and vegetables in warm flour tortillas with your favorite salsa.
- This recipe also works well with flatiron steak, cut into strips.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 370 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 31 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“I’ve made this dish for years. i tweak it a little but always yummy. a must try ❤️”