Marinated Flank Steak, Three Ways Recipe
- 1 (about 1-1/2 lbs) beef Flank Steak
- CLASSIC MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup prepared olive oil and vinegar vinaigrette or prepared Italian-style vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp coarse grind black pepper
- ASIAN MARINADE VARIATION:
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- MEXICAN MARINADE VARIATION:
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine marinade ingredients of your choice in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Wrap in foil for 10 minutes to keep warm.
- To serve, carve steak across the grain into slices.
- COOK’S TIP:
- Beef Top Round Steak, cut 1 inch thick, may be substituted for Flank Steak. Prepare recipe as directed and grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (16 to 19 minutes on gas grill) for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally.