Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 (6 to 8 oz each) skinless chicken breasts, boneless
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Garden Marinara Sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Serve Skillet Chicken Parmesan over cooked spaghetti or linguine noodles. Substitute eggplant slices for the chicken breasts.
- Pound chicken breasts between waxed paper or in a resealable plastic bag to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge seasoned chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a large (10 to 12 inch) skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned— about 3 to 4 minutes, on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Add marinara sauce to skillet and bring to simmer. Put chicken breasts back into the skillet, spooning some sauce over chicken. Top chicken with mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 37 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g
Cholesterol: 180 mg
Sodium: 890 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 61 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“I made this for family dinner. it was easy, one pot. served with spaghetti and salad. ”