Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 (6 to 8 oz each) skinless chicken breasts, boneless
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Garden Marinara Sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Serve Skillet Chicken Parmesan over cooked spaghetti or linguine noodles. Substitute eggplant slices for the chicken breasts.
- Pound chicken breasts between waxed paper or in a resealable plastic bag to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge seasoned chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a large (10 to 12 inch) skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned— about 3 to 4 minutes, on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Add marinara sauce to skillet and bring to simmer. Put chicken breasts back into the skillet, spooning some sauce over chicken. Top chicken with mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Ratings and Reviews
“I made this for family dinner. it was easy, one pot. served with spaghetti and salad. ”