Sausage and Ricotta Lasagne Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Garden Marinara Sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 (half of 9 oz package) oven-ready lasagne noodles
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring to break into small pieces, until cooked through. Drain any excess fat and stir in the entire jar of sauce.
- In a bowl, stir together ricotta and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture in the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Lay 2 noodles over sauce, then spread half of ricotta mixture over noodles. The noodle will expand in cooking.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, then with 1 cup of the sauce mixture.
- Make another layer by adding 2 noodles over the sauce then topping with remaining ricotta mixture and remaining mozzarella cheese. Top with 1 cup of the sauce mixture.
- Lay remaining 2 noodles on top; cover with the remaining sauce mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with oiled aluminum foil, slightly tenting it, so it does not touch sauce and noodles and bake until heated through and bubbling, 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Fold 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or spinach into ricotta and egg mixture.
- 16 oz small curd cottage cheese can be substituted for ricotta cheese.
Ratings and Reviews
“I've used so many lasagna recipes over the years - mostly they've been needlessly complicated. this recipe is both incredibly easy to prepare and delicious. bye-bye to all those 3-hour recipes!”