Peach Chutney Recipe
- 3 ripe peaches (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled ginger root
- 1/3 jalapeño, chopped, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fill a medium pot 2/3 full of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, cut an x on the bottom of each peach. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Carefully lower peaches into boiling water for 30 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to remove peaches and transfer immediately to ice water. Discard water in pot and set pot aside.
- When peaches are cool enough to handle, peel off skin. Cut fruits in half. Twist and remove pits. Cut into 1-inch pieces and return to pot. Add brown sugar and 3/4 cup water. Simmer until peaches start to break apart.
- In a separate sauce pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, and jalapeño. Sauté until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add stewed peaches. Cook until mixture reaches a jam consistency, 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally, further breaking up peaches, and adding more water, if needed.
- Stir in vinegar and salt, to taste.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 75 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 11 g
Added Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.