Italian Bread Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, or oregano, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups diced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup cheese such as Metropolitan Market Mozzarella, chevre or parmesan
- 6 cups crusty bread cut into 1-inch cubes (approx. one small loaf or half large loaf)*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- *If you are using fresh bread grill or toast to help it maintain its texture
- In a large salad bowl, whisk olive oil into vinegar, and add all ingredients except the bread. Mix to combine.
- Add the bread cubes to the bowl, stir well, and marinate for 30 minutes. Stir again and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs.