Salad Niçoise Recipe
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 medium new red potatoes, boiled
- 1 small cucumber, peeled
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 lb. green beans, blanched
- 1 (6 oz) can Metropolitan Market Albacore Tuna Fillet
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 12 Niçoise or Greek olives, pitted
- 6 basil leaves
- VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Combine mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a blender or bowl with whisk.
- Line a large salad bowl or platter with the lettuce leaves. Cut the tomatoes and the potatoes in quarters and the cucumber and green peppers in thin slices. Arrange these and the green beans in a decorative manner on the lettuce leaves. Add the chunks of tuna over the vegetables, followed by the eggs, anchovies and olives. Place fresh basil leaves on top.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 33 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Sodium: 170 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 17 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.