Quinoa Crusted Salmon with Olive Tapenade Recipe
- Quinoa Salmon:
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup quinoa, unrinsed and uncooked
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market olive oil
- Olive Tapenade:
- 1/2 cup pitted black or green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted and peeled red peppers (drain on paper towels if from a jar)
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for Olive Tapenade, taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Set aside, covered and chilled if made ahead.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle the dry quinoa onto a baking sheet. Press both sides of each salmon fillet in quinoa.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fillets and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through; 10 minutes for 1-inch thick fillets.
- To serve, spoon olive vinaigrette over fillets. Serve with crusty French bread.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 48 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 510 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 41 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“The quinoa adds a nice crunchy and nutty crust on the outside of the salmon. delicious!”