Smoked Salmon Panini Recipe
- 8 pieces bell pepper quarters or onion slices
- 8 slices dense white bread, sandwich-sized
- 8 oz pepper-Jack cheese slices
- 8 oz smoked salmon, sliced or chunked
- 1/2 cup flavored cream cheese (jalapeño or dill)
- Grill bell pepper quarters or onion slices.
- For each sandwich, layer one bread slice, 2 vegetable slices, 2 oz sliced cheese and 2 oz salmon. Spread 2 Tbsp cream cheese on one side of each remaining bread piece. Top each sandwich, spread side down.
- Grill sandwiches on panini grill, or in pan topped with a heavy plate or a skillet, just until cheese begins to melt. Slice and serve. Variation: Roasted red peppers can be substituted for fresh peppers.